Posted on July 21, 2005
I mounted all the components by screwing motherboard mounting screws into the aluminium and screwing the components into the mounting screws. I had to make a complex mount for the power supply to sit on top of the hdd. (with still room for the front axle)
After everything was in place it was time for a test run.
The body I wanted similar to my cars - black with red pearl. To do this I had to do a coat of red, then 4 coats of black. The end result was that it looks red on some angles, and black straight on.
I then put some old switches for power and reset and mounted them under the base to look like exhaust pipes.
With some stickers on, it was looking better.
I had to put the blue neon light from my desktop computer under the car for a bit of Fast and Furious action. Its too much rice for my road car, but on the server its considered a case mod.
The wheels were very similar to my Supra's, but they needed to be grey so I painted them with some cheap spray paint.
I wanted to be able to see the status of my ADSL modem, so took it out of its case and instead of mounting it, just sat it on top of the rear rubber wheels
I cleaned up the external wires by using a wiring harness cover from my car. At night it lights up the whole room with its blue neon glow. And now this converted Supra servers up my site at www.v8supra.com.