Full alphabetical archive on right hand side of page...
Building an ION powered Home Theatre PC with XBMC 10.0
This project has been updated! Please visit our newer XBMC 12 Guide
How to access a command-line
In order to enter commands into your XBMC system, you will need to type at a "command line interface". This can be done in 2 ways, remotely via your windows pc, or via a keyboard connected directly to the XBMC system.
Method 1 - Local Command Line Interface
1. While at the XBMC Home page, press down these keys together:
CTRL + ALT + F1
The screen should now change to look like the following:
Login with the username and password you chose when installing XBMC Live, we have chosen xbmc and xbmc. You should now be logged in to the XBMC system.
Method 2 - Remote Command Line Interface
1. Download a program called putty by clicking this link, then double-click on the file once downloaded.
2. If all went well you should now be presented with the following options:
3. Now type xbmclive in the "Host Name (or IP address)" box as follows and hit Enter
4. If this doesn't work, you might need to use the TCP/IP address.
If you do not know the TCP/IP address of your XBMC system, read this section:
5. If all went well you should now be able to login with the username and password you chose when installing XBMC. In our example we chose xbmc and xbmc.
Whether you followed the local or remote methods you should now be sitting at a dollar ($) prompt, you are now at the XBMC command line!
*Advert* AMD and NVidia Bundles suitable for OpenELEC! *Advert* AMD, NVidia and Fanless Impactics in stock at the Mini-ITX.com Online Store. We serve the UK, Europe, USA, Infinity and beyond. Order in stock items before 7.00PM GMT and we'll ship same day!