Posted on July 22, 2014
We are long time fans of XBMC here at Mini-ITX.com. OpenELEC is a distribution of XBMC (currently at version 13) with a streamlined installation and update process, making it even easier to utilise the graphics acceleration of ION and Fusion based Mini-ITX systems to make a very slick Home Theatre PC.
Here's how to do it.
For this project you will need:
- USB Memory Stick over 256MB in size
- Access to a computer running Windows (to create the installation stick)
- Mini-ITX system with at at least 1GB memory and 1GB local storage
- Determine correct version to use
- Download OpenELEC
- Create a USB Key
- Boot into OpenELEC
- Install OpenELEC
- How to: Copy files to OpenELEC box (via Windows)
- How to: Add your network media to XBMC
- How to: Enable automatic updates
- Bonus How to: Configure your audio output device
This guide was built and tested with our very own Gigabyte E350N and Zotac Supreme special offer bundles in mind, but will work with a wide variety of Mini-ITX boards. This guide would not have been possible without the hard work of the good people at the XBMC and OpenELEC projects.
Start here -->