Posted on August 25, 2003
Then I started with the case itself - first I had to make a stand where I could fasten all the parts.
The first test assembly. And all the parts fit!
Next, I fitted the HD, wireless keyboard/mouse receiver and the cold cathode onto the top plate in the case.
A close-up of the "gutted" keyboard/mouse receiver.
Then I had to route some cables (power and audio) trough the top plate to the FM-Transmitter.
This is the on/off button for the cold cathode.
This is the only parts that you can see from the outside. The power switch, power intake and VGA.
How it looks from the outside with the cables plugged in.
Next step was to make the internal wiring, quite a big job to solder all those wires! But they worked in the end! I did the same job with the VGA cable.