MSI's Montevina Mini-ITX Motherboard
July 16, 2008
MSI look like they will be one of the first out of the blocks to release a Montevina-based Mini-ITX motherboard, after an early MS-9818 arrived at the Mini-ITX.com underground lair yesterday. The board is so new, we don't have a processor that will actually run on it.
Montevina is of course the codename for Intel's latest mobile platform, better known as Centrino 2. Mobile platforms have traditionally been a starting point for low power consumption Mini-ITX motherboard designs with socket CPUs.
Intel has introduced a range of 45nm dual core mobile processors together with the Centrino 2 platform, all of which are supported by the MS-9818. For instance the P8400 runs at 2.26GHz with a TDP of just 25W, whilst the 2.8GHz T9600 has a TDP of 35W. For the speed freaks there is the 3.06GHz X9100 Core 2 Extreme processor or even the soon to be launched Quad Core 2 Extreme QX9300 running at 2.53GHz, which we think will have a TDP of about 44W.
- Supported processors: 45nm Socket P Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo/Celeron processors
- FSB: 1066/800/667 MHz
- Chipset: Intel GM45 North Bridge;Intel ICH9M-E South Bridge (with integrated TPM)
- Memory: 2x DDR2 800/667MHz SO-DIMM (up to 4GB max RAM)
- Graphics: Intel GMA X4500 Graphics with DirectX 10 support
- Display Outputs: VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, LVDS
- Audio: Realtek ALC888 5.1 Channel HD Audio; 6W Class-D Amplifier
- LAN: 2x Gigabit LAN ports (82567LM & 82574L)
- Storage:4x SATA II with RAID 0/1/5/10; 1x 44pin IDE
- Peripheral Connectivity: 4x USB 2.0 ports + 4x additional USB 2.0 headers; 1x RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 + 5x additional COM headers
- Expansion: 1x PCI; 1x Mini PCIe; 1x PCIe x1; 1x Compact Flash (underneath board)
- Size: 17cm x 17cm
Intel Atom C3958 gets benchmarked on GIGABYTE's MA10 motherboard 09 Oct 17
Intels next generation NUCs 29 Sep 17
ZOTAC introduces two new ZBOX Mini PCs 14 Sep 17
pfSense to require AES-NI from 2.5: how it affects you 08 Sep 17
Gigabyte's GTX 1080 Mini ITX OC 8G Graphics Card 06 Sep 17
ASRock launches DeskMini GTX/RX mini PC with GTX 1080 05 Sep 17
Gigabyte's Denverton MA10 Mini-ITX motherboards 05 Sep 17
Guide: Choosing the right DC-DC PSU 05 Sep 17
Video: JBC313 and JBC323 Mini PCs with Dual Intel LAN and AES-NI 24 Oct 16
Gigabyte and Zotac first out of the blocks with Mini-ITX sized GTX 1070 and GTX 1060 13 Jul 16
|*Advert* World's Smallest 12V DC-DC ATX|
Power Supply now at the Mini-ITX store! *Advert*
The picoPSU is now available at the Mini-ITX.com Online Store. We serve the UK, Europe, USA and beyond. Order in-stock components before 7.00PM GMT and we'll ship same day!
* Back to Mini-ITX.com *